Life Lately: April 2017

Fairview Terraces purikura

It’s that time of the year when I’m anticipating a more extreme roller coaster of emotions. Starting it off good with a birthday celebration and a new domain, then mix it up with anxiousness over my visa application in between. Good thing, I ended this month in a great way… in Japan!

My Little Sister’s Birthday

Celebrated my little sister’s birthday! We went to Fairview Terraces and as usual, had fun at the purikura booths. My favorite machine, which disappeared from Robison’s Galleria, didn’t come back here. I wonder where it went. Hmm.

Fairview Terraces purikura Fairview Terraces purikura

MNL to Tokyo is now MonoChrocat

I finally got my own domain! To be honest, I’ve been planning to do it for years, but I have no idea where to start. Good thing, Satsunyan of is here to help me. Huhu. I owe it to her that I’m finally ticking off an item from my bucket list.

Oh, and did you know that I bought my domain on April 1st? It’s not an April Fools joke. ww

Tried Authentic Indian Cuisine at Swagat

We wanted to try something new for lunch, so we dropped by at Swagat along Rada Street in Makati. I was never into Indian food and drinks except for curry, but I immediately loved their lhassi. Will I come back for it? Yes, I will.

The Nerve-Wracking Weeks

Planning to go overseas? Here’s a tip from me: DON’T DO IT AT THE LAST MINUTE. Last year August, I decided to go to Japan after winning a concert ticket of my favorite voice actor through a lottery. My passport was about to expire and I thought that there’s no need to panic since there’s a DFA office near us… but that’s where it all started.

I had my passport rushed, and the days of anxious waiting began. I didn’t want to have it delivered at home because I don’t fully trust our country’s courier services. It’s better to pick it up, so you’ll get it on the seventh day.

After getting my passport, I went to work and visited a travel agency that’s nearest my office during lunch time. I have all the requirements, so I thought that passing them was the last stage of my anxious days. But, it wasn’t. I was called back to fix the accommodations I listed. I changed them according to the advice of the travel agent.

Knowing myself, I ended up having a roller coaster of emotions. I asked myself, “What if I get denied?” But, that’s not the real problem. I don’t want to be denied because I already spent 40k, and I haven’t even left the country yet! If you’ve read my Japan posts, you know that I attended all sorts of events and ate at collaboration cafes.

A few days before my flight, I finally got my passport back… and I was approved. Phewwww. I rewarded myself with Kumori’s melonpan! Otsukare, self.

Start of my Japan Trip

Our flight is on the early morning of 29 and it was a good decision to work at home a day before. We were groggy when we arrived and we didn’t even go straight to our accommodation. We’ll be staying at the apartment of my friend’s aunt in Shinyurigaoka (along Odakyu line), but since she’ll be going home late, we just left our luggage in the coin locker. OTL


Our first stop was Asakusa! We visited the shrine and the Namakise Shopping District. Afterward, we went to Akihabara for a late lunch at Anime Plaza’s Yuri!!! on ICE Collaboration Cafe and at Marunouchi Picadilly in Ginza for the live viewing of Yuri!!! on ICE’s seiyuu event.

Touken Ranbu 2.5D Cafe

We also went to the 2.5D Cafe x Touken Ranbu the following day and roamed around Harajuku before watching Shimono Hiro’s birthday live.

How was your April? Was it as hectic as mine or was it a chill month for you?

You may also like: