Cheers for another great year this coming Philippines-Japan Friendship Month, as the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) holds another J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest for Filipino amateur singers and dancers.
If you’ve read my post about this event last year, we joined the dance competition and were able to perform during the finals. I’m not going to point where I am in the photo above, but let me assure you that the experience was worth it.
The Embassy of Japan was organized — as expected — about how things will go during the event. We had a meeting about the pieces we’re going to perform, the schedule, and other important things that’ll make sure the event will proceed smoothly for the contestants. We were also able to meet the finalists (and their representatives) for the sing and dance competition.
What You Need
The same rules and requirements apply, but the previous winners aren’t allowed to join anymore. That’s a good thing because it will give others the chance to shine on stage.
- The participants can perform solo or form a singing group with up to four (4) members.
- The participants have the freedom to choose any Japanese song (J-pop, anime, and the like) by a Japanese artist.
- The participants can play a musical instrument, perform a cappella, or perform with a minus-one.
- The group should consist of five (5) members only. (We asked if we can exceed, but they said that it’s strictly for five members.)
- The participants can choose any Japanese song by a Japanese artist for their performance.
Be sure to check the contest rules carefully before sending an application form. The finals will take place on July 25, 2015 (Saturday) at the SM Cinema Centerstage, SM Mall of Asia. For more information, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 551-5710 local 2311 or 2312. If you prefer social media, you can also send a private message to JICC’s Facebook page or comment on their announcement post.
Check out this footage by Hero TV (Thanks to Vinar Takumi for uploading!):